About Me

My photo
Alison and I aka “Warren & B” have been friends for over 16 years. It was a friendship like no other. It was one filled with trust, respect and love. No matter what we had each other’s back and supported one another. In March of 2012 my best B passed away suddenly and my whole world changed. My best friend, my support system, my life was gone just like that. For those who know me, you know that writing is my passion. My ultimate dream is to be a publish Author. B was one of my biggest supporters; she was always pushing me to write that book, I never did. But I will now in honor of her. RIP Alison aka B…this is all for you girlfriend!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo~Day 3

So it's Day 3 of the challenge, but it's actually my Day 2, because I started a day later. I must say I'm quite proud myself. I've in the middle of my 4th chapter and it think it's coming pretty well. I'm also excited that I have chosen a name for this novel and it's called BACKFIRE...believe it or not, it's a Young Adult novel. Why Young Adult, you might ask, considering I'm all about romance and suspense. It's what came to me and I had to go with it.
I started reading Young Adult books, just to get a feel of the genre...and NO I'm not reading The Twilight Saga, Hunger Games or Harry Potter. I'm reading a novel called "I know It's Over" by an author named C.K. Kelly Maritn who happens to be Canadian and its a pretty good story so far. I'm getting a better idea of how to write a YA novel and I'm liking it.

Now just for the record, just because I'm writing BACKFIRE doesn't mean I've forgotten about my original novel UNSPOKEN SECRETS...I've got big plans for that one...only I'm not saying anything for now. Sorry folks! :)

Well I'm calling it a night. Wordcount in 2 days: 12,736 only 37,264 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment